Saturday, April 19, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
--I also have an irrational fear of butterflies.
It's been a while since I have been tagged to do one of these memes.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. > Huei <
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of this post and list their names.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.
-- I love (cooked) vegetables a lot more than people think I do.
-- In saying that, I still wouldn't touch the 6 evils (cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, raw onion, bean sprouts, capsicum)
-- I have two birthmarks on my ears (one on each side) that can be taken to be piercings.
-- I take the pickle out of my cheeseburger. Everytime.
-- I have a walk-in-wardrobe in my room.
-- I like sniffing clean laundry.
-- I like the smell of rain.
-- My favourite ice cream flavours are chocolate and any fruit sherbets.
I tag Celine, Xin Yu, Wei Yi, Natasha, Allan, Benedict, Twin and whoever else who is bored enough.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
fuckup number one - chicken soup
(i) i need a lot more salt and garlic
(ii) i need to cook the soup with a little bit of bones at the very least
(iii) i need a lot less water than i thought
fuckup number two - chicken rice
(i) i need a lot more salt and garlic
(ii) i need a lot less water than i thought
(iii) i should throw in some chicken stock cubes into the rice
the chicken may have won the battle, but they have yet to win the war. this is war, chickens. THIS IS WARRRRRR!!!
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
i miss yous
Saturday, April 05, 2008
i pwned his ass!
Otherwise, it is Celine's birthday today, which means HAPPY TWENTIETH BIRTHDAY CELINE! 20, as Xin said, seems like a very huge number, to which I must agree. However, the recent blogpost in Celine's blog seems to show a different indication on her views of turning 20. She seems rather excited, so to speak.
Yesterday, I had the best pool game ever, which speaks a lot for my pool skills (or the lack of). I managed to PWN Vinny's ass who is pretty damn good at pool. He had sunk all his balls (I WAS talking about pool so get your mind out of the gutter) and was only left with the 8 ball. On the other hand, I had 4 more balls left on the table. The game looked like it was going to end like most of my previous games - a horrible embarrassing mortifying defeat. But to the contrary, Vinny missed the 8 ball, which gave me one last go. It so happened that on this round, I sunk all four of my balls AND the 8 ball, all at one go! OH MY MOTHER FUCKING GOD.... I PWNED MY BOYFRIEND'S ASS AT POOL! Which is probably really a one time off luck thing. But hey, I won none-the-less.
My first weekend of my studying holidays was spent watching Boston Legal and reading Jason Hahn's blog. The depressing weather out there really left much to be desired. Anyway, I came across a really cute article on his blog which I would love to share with you guys here.
Blog post from Jason Hahn's blog, posted on August 11, 2006.
Things I Learnt from a Dog
Over the years, I have had my fair share of dogs. Each came with his or her own unique personality. Some were lazy good-for-nothings that were really just furry foot-stools in disguise. Some were so hyperactive they needed a sedative mixed in with their breakfast in order to see the day through. Some were needy and clingy, and some just wanted to eat all day.
But all of my dogs seemed to share common traits that I have come to think of as basic canine values. Values that, in this topsy turvy time of our’s, we humans could stand to learn a lesson or two from. And in so doing, perhaps we may end up in a slightly better world.
2. If you see a puddle, splash in it.
3. Love your family unconditionally.
4. To your enemies, be vicious unconditionally.
5. It’s always a good time to get a massage.
6. Be unwaveringly loyal.
7. Sniff first before you say hello. You might not like what you smell.
8. Clean up your plate and then look around for seconds. You never know when the next meal may be coming.
9. Be grateful.
10. Be patient with children. They don’t know any better.
11. If all else fails, a little growl and bared teeth will usually sort out an unpleasant situation.
12. Regard every tree as an opportunity to pee on.
13. Never pee on the furniture. For some reason, people tend to get a little upset.
14. There’s no problem in the world that can’t be overcome with a nap.
15. Assume everyone is your friend.
16. Until they give you reason to decide otherwise. (See No.7.)
17. If you stare long enough at a person, eventually they’ll weaken and give you a snack.
18. Assume that everyone thinks you’re cute.
19. And know that you are.
20. Be sad when saying goodbye.
21. Greet with enthusiasm.
22. Stay close to the ones you love.
23. Be alert in the presence of food.
24. There’s never a bad time to tell someone you love them.
25. Always be up for a long walk.
26. Especially if good friends are coming along.
27. Always say hello to everyone you meet. (But see No. 7.)
28. Wave when saying hello.
29. And good-bye.
30. Smiling at everyone is a cheap way to get what you want.
31. Sometimes, bad things happen even to good dogs.
32. But that doesn’t mean you have to obsess over it.
33. And sometimes, it’s good to clear the mind with a nice, deep-throated bark.
34. Not all cats are your enemies.
35. But approach with caution.
36. Or better yet, let them approach you.
37. You may see nothing wrong with licking yourself in public, but not everyone shares the same opinion.
38. It’s natural to fret when you don’t know where your loved ones are.
39. Always make time to stop for a quick chat.
40. The vet is not a good place to be.
41. But he will make you feel better.
43. Take every opportunity to show someone how much you love them. A smile, a lick, a wave. It all works.
44. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
45. Sleep soundly. Tomorrow is another day.
Have a good one guys!