Saturday, April 05, 2008

i pwned his ass!

It feels like forever since I last blogged, and it probably has been forever since. So much has happened since. I have slogged, whined, slogged and then whined some more before finally producing 5 pages of words of what I called an essay (read : that was the worst horrible-est most pathetic essay I have ever written in my lifetime) Actually, thinking about it, that IS all that has happened since I last blogged - my essay. Truly, I have no excuse for this pathetic excuse I call life other than the fact that I am currently undertaking my second year in law school.

Otherwise, it is Celine's birthday today, which means HAPPY TWENTIETH BIRTHDAY CELINE! 20, as Xin said, seems like a very huge number, to which I must agree. However, the recent blogpost in Celine's blog seems to show a different indication on her views of turning 20. She seems rather excited, so to speak.

Yesterday, I had the best pool game ever, which speaks a lot for my pool skills (or the lack of). I managed to PWN Vinny's ass who is pretty damn good at pool. He had sunk all his balls (I WAS talking about pool so get your mind out of the gutter) and was only left with the 8 ball. On the other hand, I had 4 more balls left on the table. The game looked like it was going to end like most of my previous games - a horrible embarrassing mortifying defeat. But to the contrary, Vinny missed the 8 ball, which gave me one last go. It so happened that on this round, I sunk all four of my balls AND the 8 ball, all at one go! OH MY MOTHER FUCKING GOD.... I PWNED MY BOYFRIEND'S ASS AT POOL! Which is probably really a one time off luck thing. But hey, I won none-the-less.

My first weekend of my studying holidays was spent watching Boston Legal and reading Jason Hahn's blog. The depressing weather out there really left much to be desired. Anyway, I came across a really cute article on his blog which I would love to share with you guys here.


Blog post from Jason Hahn's blog, posted on August 11, 2006.

Things I Learnt from a Dog

Over the years, I have had my fair share of dogs. Each came with his or her own unique personality. Some were lazy good-for-nothings that were really just furry foot-stools in disguise. Some were so hyperactive they needed a sedative mixed in with their breakfast in order to see the day through. Some were needy and clingy, and some just wanted to eat all day.

But all of my dogs seemed to share common traits that I have come to think of as basic canine values. Values that, in this topsy turvy time of our’s, we humans could stand to learn a lesson or two from. And in so doing, perhaps we may end up in a slightly better world.

1. Everybody loves a good hug.
2. If you see a puddle, splash in it.
3. Love your family unconditionally.
4. To your enemies, be vicious unconditionally.
5. It’s always a good time to get a massage.
6. Be unwaveringly loyal.
7. Sniff first before you say hello. You might not like what you smell.
8. Clean up your plate and then look around for seconds. You never know when the next meal may be coming.
9. Be grateful.
10. Be patient with children. They don’t know any better.
11. If all else fails, a little growl and bared teeth will usually sort out an unpleasant situation.
12. Regard every tree as an opportunity to pee on.
13. Never pee on the furniture. For some reason, people tend to get a little upset.
14. There’s no problem in the world that can’t be overcome with a nap.
15. Assume everyone is your friend.
16. Until they give you reason to decide otherwise. (See No.7.)
17. If you stare long enough at a person, eventually they’ll weaken and give you a snack.
18. Assume that everyone thinks you’re cute.
19. And know that you are.
20. Be sad when saying goodbye.
21. Greet with enthusiasm.
22. Stay close to the ones you love.
23. Be alert in the presence of food.
24. There’s never a bad time to tell someone you love them.
25. Always be up for a long walk.
26. Especially if good friends are coming along.
27. Always say hello to everyone you meet. (But see No. 7.)
28. Wave when saying hello.
29. And good-bye.
30. Smiling at everyone is a cheap way to get what you want.
31. Sometimes, bad things happen even to good dogs.
32. But that doesn’t mean you have to obsess over it.
33. And sometimes, it’s good to clear the mind with a nice, deep-throated bark.
34. Not all cats are your enemies.
35. But approach with caution.
36. Or better yet, let them approach you.
37. You may see nothing wrong with licking yourself in public, but not everyone shares the same opinion.
38. It’s natural to fret when you don’t know where your loved ones are.
39. Always make time to stop for a quick chat.
40. The vet is not a good place to be.
41. But he will make you feel better.
42. Usually.
43. Take every opportunity to show someone how much you love them. A smile, a lick, a wave. It all works.
44. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
45. Sleep soundly. Tomorrow is another day.



Have a good one guys!
Love, von.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pannis McMannis said...

slowly but surely, i managed to scroll down to the bottom of that long and overbearing post. My eyes strained as I've been failing to blink all this time, the pain becomes real and I shed a tear and squeeze my eyes.

4/06/2008 4:01 pm  
Blogger castalnetta said...

nobody said you had to read it.. and is overbearing the word you were looking for? cos, i dont understand how my post could have been...overbearing

4/06/2008 4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home