Friday, July 17, 2009

Brownies

edit: the brownie tasted slightly heavier today.. hum..

This is probably the first time I've baked since my failed attempt at chocolate chip cookies.
I got the recipe from Milk&HoneyCafe, one of the many sites I frequent on a daily basis. She has some really pretty/artistic cupcakes and cookies.

Anyway, here's the recipe

Brownies
makes 20 pieces

ingredients
3/4 cups butter, melted
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

directions
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Grease 8×8x2 pan.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. In medium bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well.
4. Gradually add dry mixture to egg mixture. Beat until well blended.
5. Pour chocolate mixture. Place in oven for 35-40 minutes


Like the tinge of colour in my post? (Get it? Brown... Brownies? :D)
Anyway, I didn't have a brownie tin or 8x8x2 pan so I just made them into muffins. Put them in for about 20 minutes.

Though as Sarah mentioned in her post, the brownies were very light and fluffy, not heavy and chocolatey as I thought brownies were supposed to be. Or as Horst said, "It tastes dusty... and kinda bland.." (I wonder if caster sugar is less sweet than normal sugar.. flat ran out of sugar)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home