Friday, August 29, 2008

turning 20

here's a little advanced shout out to jo(anna) and jo(seph) for their upcoming 20th birthday!

speakign of which, for some funny reason, i don't feel like i'm turning 20. heck i don't even feel anywhere near 18. i feel like i'm still 15. maybe it's because i'm so hopelessly dependent on my parents. true, living out this year has opened my eyes nice and wide to the world... but still! i don't feel 20. i mean, shouldn't it come with some form of maturity or just a little bit more wisdom? or maybe its just that i'm taking a little longer than usual or as compared to the rest to 'grow up' per se. maybe what i need is a big fat you're going to turn 20 slap in the face.

i've talked to my brother about this actually... and a few others. it seems like i'm the only one on this. everyone seems to feel vaguely 20ish. my brother said that he felt like he was always expected to act beyond his age and therefore felt like he was turning 20 ages before he actually physically turned 20.

i feel like a little kid :(

8 Comments:

Blogger JAS 35C Gripen Pilot said...

Lol well you act immature...

So I'm guessing its just reflecting whats really inside.

I feel old already...

But you're an international student, you can't help but stay dependent on your parents :p

You try living on allowance to pay for everything...

8/29/2008 6:22 pm  
Blogger andychoi said...

I actually forgot my age for the last three years. I'd be going "err.. I'm born in '88 so I should be about 18? I don't know you do the maths" if someone asked.

And Mike, living on allowance is mature? Well you're gonna just about kill yourself at the news that you'll have to make your own living after Uni.

8/30/2008 11:02 am  
Blogger andychoi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/30/2008 11:02 am  
Blogger castalnetta said...

yeah.. i kinda stopped counting after i was 18 too

8/30/2008 1:34 pm  
Blogger Florence said...

Just that day, I had this convo with stepdad:-

Daddy: Put on more layers, make sure you eat well, take your vitamins... (blah blah blah)-
Me: *clears throat* Urm, I'm twenty, Dad.
Daddy: But... but you don't seem to be growing up!

Tragic XP

8/30/2008 7:13 pm  
Blogger castalnetta said...

hahaha i'm not quite sure which one is more tragic. have someone tell you that you aren't growing up, or realising it yourself >.<

8/31/2008 7:35 am  
Blogger Cherry ・ チェリー ・ 체리  said...

lol about florence's comment. Yeh I think we all feel that way. I always feel 17.. its weird. I turn 20 next year. It's weird its weird its weird. You're not the only one :)

9/01/2008 4:25 pm  
Blogger JAS 35C Gripen Pilot said...

Hey, I'd prefer to make my own money rather than be limited in what I can earn...

I think you'd feel older if you're the head of the family...of which I'm not but still feel old. Weird

9/01/2008 5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home