Friday, July 04, 2008

i'm hungry

I'm hungry... and cold.. and craving for a nice hot plate of ...If you don't know what that mess looks like, it is called wat tan hor or char hor fun or yin yong min.

During my trip to Melbourne, Celine and Bako brought me to this delightful little eating place in an alley shopping mall like place off ChinaTown where I rediscovered my love for this dish. Noodles, chicken slices, beef slices, prawns and occasionally squid are the essential ingredients of the dish. For a touch of colour, green leafy vege is used. Its delectably silky gravy is conjured up from egg, starch, seasoning and sauce.

The flavour of the dish is light and inviting. It is not heavy nor overly oily and somehow it whets your appetite just enough to want you going back for more. And going back for more is exactly what i want.

It is currently 2am in New Zealand, pretty much everything is closed, I'm hungry and I'm cold and I just want a nice hot plate of wat tan hor.

Goddamnit New Zealand.

5 Comments:

Blogger Florence said...

I'd die in New Zealand without my wat tan hor too =P

7/04/2008 10:10 pm  
Blogger Malaria Max said...

Just had that for dinner. Be jealous right about now.

7/04/2008 11:25 pm  
Blogger linnykins said...

The place near my house does decent char hor fun, but it's not open at 2am :P

7/05/2008 5:38 am  
Blogger castalnetta said...

florence - see! nz is a hole..

m.max - damnits!!!!!!!!!!

yilin - *sigh* cnt believe its snowing again

7/05/2008 11:04 am  
Blogger Pannis McMannis said...

eh, that's why nz is a "diy" place. if you want something YOU MAKE IT YOURSELF!!!! good for learning imo
my parents go back and they're totally praised for it.

7/05/2008 8:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home