Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ever had one of those?

Ever had one of those family members/extended family members (ie relatives) who can seem to do no wrong in the eyes of your parents (or in my case, grandparents)?

I have.

This devil recarnate takes the form of the youngest cousin in my father's generation. You see, as my family is huge (grandpa, the eldest in his generation, has 7 brothers and 4 sisters and thats not counting from his stepmom's side), there is inadvertently a huge age gap. My father is the eldest in his generation - 50+ in age and with two kids, one working and the other one already in tertiary education. The youngest in his generation is Joey. Joey is 17 and in high school.

Joey is a generally sweet, quiet, friendly girl as far as I can tell from attending those huge family gatherings. I have absolultely no bones to pick with her. In the eyes of my grandparents, she's an absolute darling. An angel sent from above. She can do no wrong. No wrong at all. They praise her to the heavens, place her on a pedestal, worship the grounds she treads - making the rest of us feel like incompetent, inefficient, useless idiots in comparison to her.

So when I found out today, that she was retained and had to do her 6th form, again, i felt a little snigger arise deep inside of me.

I know I sound like a bitch - gloating over her misfortune. But it made me feel slightly better about life. To know that even people who are "perfect" have flaws.

7 Comments:

Blogger andychoi said...

1. As soon as I heard the name Joey, I pictured Matt LeBlanc from "Friends". Naturally, I assumed Joey was a "he".

2. Reading this post makes me believe that YOU were the devil in your previous life... lol

3. Birth Control FTW

12/21/2007 6:58 am  
Blogger Natasha Lim said...

i've known you for 11 years and never knew you have an aunt younger than you!

mou ngan tai jor.

12/21/2007 11:00 am  
Blogger Pannis McMannis said...

ha! I'm gonna have to agree with andy on this one. Maybe you are evil on the inside.... hummmm. Meh!
You should slap yourself on the wrists for that remark, bad!!

12/21/2007 6:50 pm  
Blogger castalnetta said...

IM EVIL?! :(

12/21/2007 10:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH EVEL KENIEVEL DIED A WHILE BACK! Drunk. Dont know what relevance is, but i felt i had to commenet. haha. <3

12/22/2007 1:25 am  
Blogger JAS 35C Gripen Pilot said...

Yeah I thought this "Joey" was a he as well...

Lol well everyone has flaws yvonne...

12/23/2007 5:45 pm  
Blogger Pannis McMannis said...

Eh! i don't mind dancing with the devil. if he/she just doesn't step on my toes while we do it.

12/24/2007 1:11 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home